Welcome to the 2005 Florida Film Festival
Where will it take you?
See the movies: Immerse yourself in the world through a brand new lens. The Florida Film Festival presents a massive range of great new films in all forms: Narratives, Documentaries, Short films, Animation, Family films, Classics. Films from near and far. Stories and images that will move and stir you with excitement and emotion. The exotic becomes accessible. The familiar world takes on a luminous new light. All this is captured on the shimmering screen and brought to you by the newest visionary filmmakers—who may be sitting right next to you in the theater. Bring an appetite for film, and we guarantee a feast!
Celebrate the movies: Join new friends and old at Festival parties, forums, and special events. While movies are the core of the festival, spending time talking about them and digging deeper into the magic of filmmaking is an added bonus that is unique to the festival.
• Don’t miss Festival Forums, free and open to the public, to learn about how the powerful medium of film is created and delivered. Festival filmmakers and film industry mavens share their lore, experience, and techniques face to face with festival guests. If you want to learn more about movies, this is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get the inside info!
• Attend Festival Parties to meet the filmmakers and other film lovers, to compare notes and simply have fun! Plenty of fun parties take place throughout the festival. Some extra special events must not be missed:
This year’s Opening Night Party (April 8) will kick off the festival in the most festive way imaginable under the stars at Enzian Theater, with the gifted Joan Chen in attendance as well as dancing, Sterling Vineyards wine, sumptuous food, and plenty of celebration.
At the Filmmaker Awards Luncheon (April 16) you can witness the excitement of filmmakers receiving the much coveted Jury and Audience Awards from the festival film competition. Complete with lunch and an entertaining awards presentation, this event will be a full scale celebration of filmmaking at its best.
And the Florida Film Festival Revel (April 16) notches up the excitement in a high glamour celebration at the beautiful Albin Polasek Museum and Sculpture Garden. There you can kick up your heels with the delirious decadence of the 1920s at this unforgettable Gatsbyesque lawn party—all in celebration of Enzian Theater’s 20 roaring years of service to the community.
• Special events are the icing on the cake: “An Afternoon with Paul Reiser and Peter Falk” brings you face to face with these two unique creative personalities who will present their remarkable new film and then talk with you about their careers and collaboration.
• “NextArt: Spontaneous Percussion”: Florida Film Festival and Sprint partner together to turn the community loose to shoot the images and lay a soundtrack for its own movie! Through the magic of wireless digital communication, nifty new technology, and high-energy participation, you can become a movie-maker and help create a unique work of art! Plus you’ll have more fun than you can imagine when we all come together to put our movie together in Downtown Winter Park on Wednesday, April 13!
• Seize the opportunity to make new friends and enjoy all the other film enthusiasts who gather at the festival. Hobnob on the patio, in the lobbies, at the theaters. Chatting and sharing perspectives are a big part of the festival. Make the most of it.
• Surprises around every corner. Keep an eye on updates at the festival and on the web-site for late-breaking events and opportunities!
Where to go for the movies:
Festival film venues are conveniently located within one mile of each other in beautiful Winter Park, a community famous for its stately trees, abundant parks, brick-lined streets, museums, vibrant lakes, and fine shops. Enzian Theater is just ½ mile north of Lee Road on Orlando Avenue (17-92) at the corner of Magnolia Road. Enzian’s large parking lot provides easy access to this unique facility. Regal Winter Park Village 20 is located just one mile south of Enzian on Orlando Avenue (17-92) in Winter Park Village. The mall has free valet parking and a variety of shops and restaurants.
About Enzian Theater, Producer of the Florida
For those of you that have never been to Enzian Theater, Welcome! This year, Enzian Theater celebrates its 20th Anniversary of providing the community with the best in cinema arts. As a nonprofit cultural arts organization, Enzian Theater exists to entertain, inspire, educate, and connect the community through film.
Enzian is unique among movie theaters in that it has four tiered levels of seating in plush loveseats, comfy captain’s chairs, and tables for two or four. Enzian serves a complete menu during the films. Doors open shortly before each film begins. Servers come to your table to take your order before the lights go down and the food is then made to order and delivered within one hour of the start of the film. Your check is then placed on the table for you to pay at your convenience. Enzian’s menu ranges from pizza and burgers to tempting pastas and salads to a complete wine and beer list. To top off your experience, mouth-watering desserts are available. Bring your appetite!
How to get tickets:
Purchase online NOW! or phone 407-644-6579 for
more information. Festival packs and passes are on sale now. Single tickets go on sale April 8,2005.
Visit the Florida Film Festival Headquarters at the Mount Vernon Best Western in Winter Park, beginning April 4, 11:00AM-7:00PM daily, to see festival previews and redeem ticket packs.
What to wear and bring:
To a movie:
Ever been to a movie on a Friday night or Saturday afternoon? Then you will feel right at home at the Festival. Wear your typical movie-going attire—comfort is key. Bring a sweater or light jacket in case the theater gets chilly, and you may wish to pack an umbrella in the event of an unexpected shower. If you are planning to spend the whole day at the festival (many folks do!), travel light. Keep your festival program and schedule or Orlando Sentinel insert close at hand, so you can stay on track with your own film festival movie and event agenda!
Don’t forget your tickets. Once you’ve settled into your seat, turn off your pagers and phones, kick back, and allow the film festival to take you away!
To a festival party:
Our cocktail parties are some of the best all year, but that doesn’t mean we break the bank dressing for them. Business casual clothing is typical, but folks often come straight to the parties from films in their jeans. No one is out of place in these eclectic crowds.
To Opening Night and the Festival Revel:
During these two events, we break out our best cocktail dresses and neck ties. On Opening Night, Sterling Vineyards Salutes the Silver Screen. Sterling Vineyards provides the wine, we provide the movie and party, and you provide the glamour. The Festival Revel is a fundraiser for the Festival and provides a great opportunity to dress up in more elegant fashion--to the nines Since we are celebrating Enzian’s 20th Anniversary at this year’s Festival Revel, we encourage you to dress in fun 1920s style.